Friday 16 October 2009

Music Video Re-think

After doing my first section of filming I was a little disappointed as it hadn't turned out as imagined it, so I went back to start and thought of some new ideas. I didn't want to change the whole idea already existing, so instead I thought to improve and adapt my original plan.
I watched a number of Music Videos to get some ideas, here are a few that gave me most inspiration and had main influence of my new idea. The music videos I watched were by bands that I felt were in the same genre as my unsigned band: The Prodigy, Madness, Rumble Strips, this gave me some inspiration and some ideas to improve my music video.
I thought that my music video was a little bit bland so I decided to bring in some new props which would improve the mise en scene of the piece and also make it more aesthetically pleasing and interesting from audience. I tested my new theory to see if my new ideas would improve my video from the target audiences perspective, so I asked five people in my media group to watch the footage I had so far and then told them about the changes I was thinking of making and asked for their opinions. All 5 participants agreed that by adding the content I would offering it have an all round positive affect on my music video and improve the entertainment from an audiences perspective.

1 comment:

  1. You can also label this entry as audience research as you conducted a small focus group study - well done.

    ReplyDelete