Thursday 4 February 2010

First Draft Ideas for Digipack *Revised*

First Draft Ideas for Digipack
Insert Right
Insert Left

Front Cover

Back Cover


The images above of my digipack are my first drafts and what I have designed so far, although there are some weaknesses with some of images, and I am currently making improvements to my Digipack.

The Front Cover

I am undecided whether the font used is bold enough for the front cover of a CD and it is fundemental for my design, for the band title and album title to stand out clear, so the audience are drawn to both the title and the design itself. Also the colours used in the titles don't stand out enough, apart from the top title which is 65% grey and stands out against the mask background, when making my improvements I will test using all one colour to see if it looks more effective.

The Back Cover
The back cover I believe has less improvements to be made, I will need to put some legal print in the bottom left hand corner to make the cover look as professional as possible, apart from that I am content with the design and feel little change is needed.
Insert Left

The only improvements I will be looking to make is creating a stronger Polaroid template, with the aim to make my image look more realistic as a Polaroid photo. Also maybe using a clearer, bolder font for the caption under the picture, the affect I was trying to achieve is the font looking like it was handwritten with a marker pen.

Insert Right
All the improvements I am looking to make on the Insert left, I will be looking to make for this insert as they have a lot fundemental similarities. Also the image of the mask I merged with the Polaroid template is slightly out of focus and this will affect the professional look I am trying to achieve, to improve this cover I take another photo using the same ghostly effect with artificial light, but this time make sure it is in focus.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent shots Jakob, now get the panels and advert together for feedback to improve. Has to be by tomorrow.

    Ms B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have still not submitted 4 completed panels of the right size of for your digipak nor your magazine advertisement. I asked for these 2 weeks ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jakob I'm still waiting, these were due for submission of drafts on 25 January.

    I also need to review your magazine advert which advertises the release of your digipak. Could you get this work into me asap.

    ReplyDelete