Tuesday 22 September 2009

Character ideas- Casting- Revised*

Main Guy- Klinton English

Masked ?- Nick Smith

DJ ?- ME

Masked ?- Will Flynn

Masked ?- Klinton English

During the first plan of my production I had planned to use about 8-10 cast members, which for a small production like mine is a rather large cast. This would have meant at the time I would have not had the option to do auditions or be to selective about my cast. The role of the majority of the cast is very similar to one another and doesn't require great deal acting skill so I decided the best method for casting was to do a volunteer system, I found alot of people in my media class were willing to help as they are in similar situations and understand the importance. Although after I decided to re-think my music video plan, one of the major changes I made was to revert to a smaller more manageable cast size which would only involve 3 cast members including myself which wasn't ideal but it hadn't possible to implement such a large cast size. Also having an all male cast had not been what I wanted and from an evaluative perspective would be a weakness in my music video.

2 comments:

  1. A cast of 10 is ambitious even for a professional, I need to take a close look at your story boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Fish eye lense...)
    Smash Mouth:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebuxyxptAo
    There's only a link because the video doesn't have embed thing.

    look at these times:
    57/8 secs
    152secs- rest of band bits

    ReplyDelete