Thursday 10 September 2009

Early Problems that arouse when choosing my unsigned band!

I have had some bad luck to the run up for selecting a unsigned band for this years A2 media coursework. My first problem arouse finding a good enough unsigned band to use for my video, the reason for the importance to have a good band is that i am going to have to make a music video for the song I choose. An example being a boring song is going to be difficult to turn into an interesting music video.

After getting some advice from my subject teacher my first choice was not going to be appropriate to allow me to get what i wanted out of my music video, so I started to look again to not much more success. I looked at bands like the Kabeedies and the Neutrinos but i found that they were both signed to record labels and both already had music videos for some of their tracks.

Then finally, I found a group which were great: Killamonjambo, a Norwich based band, who in fact the lead of this band I knew reasonably well as he was a family friend. Although another problem arouse when i found out my first choice song from them changed my mind, they had already made a music video for, so I hope I am still able to use them, except I will have to use another song which I am investigating currently.

1 comment:

  1. Do revise and use capital letters for the name of the band, and capital "I" when explaining your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete