Tuesday 22 September 2009

Killmonjambo- changed my mind (heavy duty remix)

I actually came across this version of the song by accident, at first I wanted to make a music video of the original track, but unfortunately for me they already had a music video. Although this wasn't such a bad situation, after getting in contact with the lead singer of the band, he sent me a remix that the band had had done to go on their EP coming out on the 3rd of October. The remix was of the genre of breakbeat/dubstep which is a interesting and useful genre for me to make a music video of, as it is the main type of music I listen too and also not many music videos have been made around this genre, which gives me the opportunity to work without conventions.

Electronic music is often linked with anination music videos, a prime example being the hit dubstep track, by Benga & Coki- Night, two of the pioneer DJ's of the Dubstep scene and something else interesting about this track, is it also the first Dubstep song to ever be played on radio one in 2007 and was also voted track of the year by Radio one's Gilles Peterson and his listeners.


The idea for my music video does not involve animation, but doesn't drift to far away from the Electronica Genre conventions . Utah Saints released Something good 08 which involved a fantastic music video to go along with it. It involves a man dancing in a peculiar fashion to the song in a bar and without any communication or interaction people begin to join him mirroring his exact dance moves. The feel the main characters in my video and in Utah saints play similar roles, like they are both possessed by the music with the most important part being no interaction with anybody else. The Utah Saints video did inspire me and I pay close attention to the shots used in this video when designing my shooting map.




No comments:

Post a Comment